Garena Call of Duty

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Garena Call of Duty Community; Connecting all CoD gamers in Garena

Hope you all enjoy this newly created forum... Have fun!!!
Suggestions are welcomed, please do show us the light. Let's make this forum a better place... xD
Want to be promoted to a cool rank? Please read the forum Rules & Regulations first!

Forum Rules and Guidelines.

Haku =]
    Haku =]
    Admin
    Admin

Forum Rules and Guidelines. Empty Forum Rules and Guidelines.

Post by Haku =] 5/30/2010, 12:49

Given the amount of matters going on in the old Garena forums, I have decided to post a 'formal' list of rules and guidelines for acceptable content. Many of you were aware this was coming, and whatever your stance on this, it's going to happen anyway.

These rules are not necessarily set in stone. If you have any comments or questions, a thread has been created for that purpose here.

However, note this - though some of the rules/guidelines may change in the future, until that time they apply. If you strongly disagree with something here, discuss it in the above thread - don't just ignore what you don't like.

Site Rules

Infringing the rules may result in your account being temporarily or permanently banned depending on the severity and frequency of the offence(s). They are also not tolerated, and will be deleted on sight:

• Do not attempt to spam - unsolicited messages with the intent to sell something [1] or mislead users. This includes unsolicited links to other sites.
    • Copyright Infringement - The use of copyright matériel is acceptable under fair use (for example, still images used in avatars). Making available copyrighted video, music, etc. without the express permission of the copyright holder is against the law. When in doubt, ask first.
    • Anything else illegal.
    • Malware
    • Flooding (adding messages to many topics at once with no other purpose, or with malicious intent).
    • Personal Details - Information posted about a user without his/her permission, or any contact details posted about a minor without his/her parents' permission. [3]

New accounts created for the purpose of any of the above will be deactivated immediately. Depending on the severity, offences from regular users may result in a warning or further action.

General Site Guidelines

The following are guidelines, not rules. In general, this is a very relaxed site when it comes to moderation. I don't like deleting things. But I like needing to delete things even less, so please keep in mind that the users of this site come from a wide variety of backgrounds.

• You should not make any post, or start any thread, with the intention of abusing, ridiculing, insulting, offending or upsetting any other user on this site. Within a game, criticism of another player's play is acceptable. Making it personal is not, and may result in action taken by the forum staff.
    • Swear words are not banned. However, going out of your way to annoy or upset users who find certain words offensive falls under the previous guideline.
    • Certain words that are particularly offensive to a group of people (by race, gender, sexual orientation, or mental capacity) may be deleted on sight depending on the context.
    • Do not post particularly gory, sexually explicit, or otherwise 'disturbing' images. Links to such matériel should include a warning (NSFW, for example).
    • Pointless necros and quote pyramids will likely also be deleted on sight.
    • You should try to post content appropriate to the thread you are posting in. The occasional off-topic joke is fine. If your sole contribution [3] to a serious discussion is a string of jokes, you might want to consider finding another thread.
    • Signatures should follow all the guidelines and rules that apply to posts. In addition, any reference to a user on this site should be removed immediately if that user asks you to.

This is not an all-inclusive list. Other content may be inappropriate. Use common sense.

If you feel someone has crossed the line with regards to these guidelines, [7] PM the administrators (or a moderator appointed by the administrators). Reacting to an offensive/insulting post by responding in kind is not productive. Likewise, do not go around suggesting people should be banned. If you disagree with what someone says, either respond rationally, or respond privately - preferably both.

If the administrators (or a moderator appointed by the administrators) feel you are out of line, you may receive a warning. You can of course discuss such a warning in private, or even in public (within reason - for example, if a picture you post is deleted, don't start a thread with that picture in it asking if everyone else thinks the picture is okay). Repeated offences - or in extreme cases, a single offence - may result in further action including temporary and permanent bans.

Disclaimer

This is a privately owned website.

It has a list of rules and guidelines. I didn't want this list. I wanted users to act reasonably without requiring such a list. Instead, a small percentage of our users decided they would rather act like complete idiots - flaming, trolling, spamming, often with no other purpose than to push the line and annoy me personally.

So, we have rules. They weren't arbitrarily thrown together. They were worded based on issues that had already come up, and issues that might come up. There's even a nifty clause that says, to paraphrase:

"No list of rules can possibly be complete. There are situations that will come up, which were either omitted because no one thought of them beforehand, or because I just thought no one could possibly be so stupid as to think something could possibly be acceptable, and the administrators reserve the right to take action as necessary."

This is not a democracy. This is not a site governed entirely by a list of rules, carved in stone and passed down from generation to generation. It is - once again - a privately owned site. When I send someone a warning, it is not an invitation to berate me or anyone else, nor tell me that I don't have the right, the justification to send such a warning. I am a reasonable guy - if you disagree with a warning you receive, you are more than welcome to discuss it in a reasonable manner. But if the only justification you can come up with for your behaviour is a perceived loophole - if you don't believe your action was okay in spirit, only by some sort of legal technicality - don't expect me to be moved by your arguments.

Aptitude Test
    To prove that you've read the rules, your first topic/post as a registered member must contain the following phrase followed by a set of numbers randomly scattered around the article above that are highlighted in [red]:

A comrade in need is a comrade indeed. ####

replace # with the said numbers. Numbers must be arrange in ascending order (smallest value to largest).

If your first topic does not contain the following phrase and/or have the wrong combination of numbers, then you will not receive the "comrade" status and hence will be seen as "uncool" compared to those whom bear this awesome star Forum Rules and Guidelines. Stargreen.

If your did post the phrase but have not receive comrade status, feel free to pm any of the Administrators.

Current date/time is 5/9/2024, 12:05